Bishop Ranch-San Ramon’s Commercial Real Estate Icon
Bishop Ranch in San Ramon is quickly becoming a stellar attraction in California’s commercial real estate world. The property encompasses more than 500 acres of prime real estate and has demonstrated phenomenal growth since its purchase by the Sunset Development Company in 1978.
The early roots of Bishop Ranch were formed during the 1800s. This was when the land was still part of a 3000 parcel of property known as Norris Ranch. The fertile soil was used for farming purposes, and also provided grazing grounds for large flocks of sheep.
In addition to these agricultural pursuits this San Ramon real estate was recognized for its natural beauty. The gently rolling hills and open pastures were decorated with walnut groves, ponds and hundreds of fruit trees.
By the early 1900s more than half the available land at Norris Ranch had been sectioned off and sold. This 1700 acre piece of property was re-named Bishop Ranch. The owner of Bishop Ranch died in 1955 and the land was quickly acquired by the Western Electric Company.
Bishop Ranch was subsequently divided into two main divisions. 548 acres were retained and zoned for manufacturing development. The remaining land was sold for residential development. The Sunset Development team recognized the commercial potential for the land and began working to transform the dormant acreage into a business and industrial hub for the San Ramon community.
With an astounding ten million square feet of business space available the Bishop Ranch complex in San Ramon is now attracting marquee name companies to the San Ramon area. There are a number of Fortune 500 businesses that have already signed long term leases with Sunset Development, and interest in corporate space continues to expand. Robert Half, Bank of the West, Samsung, GE and Kraft Foods are just a few of the clients now leasing property and office space at Bishop Ranch.