It is youngsters like Rohini that will bring about change to make this world a better place! We want to shine light on this admirable young lady as she strives to help those in need.
Rohini is seeking support by putting on the Little Taare fundraising event Expressions of Hope, featuring Indian classical and semi classical dance, music,
and art to help raise awareness for the causes that she is passionate about. Earlier this year, Rohini had founded a non-profit organization called Little Taare to help raise awareness and support the following causes:
- Help fight world hunger among underprivileged kids
- Combating depression and bullying among teenagers
- Advocating girls empowerment
- Providing education for the less privileged
- Improving medical treatment in third world countries
Rohini realizes these are very high, ambitious goals and hence through Little Taare (www.littletaare.com), she plans on collaborating with well-established and proven organizations like Asha for Education, American Red Cross, American Heart Association and other local groups to make some impact to these on-going problems.
Rohini is very passionate about Indian classical dance, Bharatanatyam and has been continuing to pursue to refine her dance skills under her guru, Radhika Adhikari while teaching dance class herself to kids and young adults. Beginning this summer, she started offering Bharatanatyam and Bollywood dance classes, hold dance productions and organize fundraisers for Little Taare. She has been putting away the funds collected from teaching dance classes this year to support Asha for Education.
Some of the fundraising activities that Rohini has participated in are:
- Joined hands with her dad’s organization, Brown & Toland and American Heart Association (AHA) in AHA Heart Walk for the last two years and helped raised funds. Collectively Brown & Toland raised over $12,000 this year.
- During her Arangetram last year, she requested friends and family to contribute to Asha for Education in lieu of bringing any gifts for her. A total of $3,158 was raised to support 14 underprivileged children’s education in India for a year.
- This year, she was able to raise $460 to date for kids’ education through her efforts by teaching Bharatanatyam and Bollywood dance to young kids, and adults.
On Saturday, November 18, 2017, she is coordinating and spearheading a fundraising event in Livermore Shiva-Vishnu Temple Auditorium. The event will feature a 2-hour long classical and semi-classical dance program to entertain the audience and seek support to raise awareness and funds for Little Taare to assist the two following important causes.
- Underprivileged Children’s Education in India through Asha for Education
- Northern California Wildfires Relief through American Red Cross
The consul general of India, San Francisco, Ambassador Venkatesan Ashok has graciously agreed to be the guest of honor for the event.
If you can support Rohini’s fundraising effort, donations can be done through this website (http://www.littletaare.com/donate). Anything is appreciated to support Rohini’s goals and make this world a better place! Thank you for your time and consideration.